On 13 May 2019, the Minister of Education made a significant pre-budget announcement around NCEA. The Minister’s pre-budget announcement can be found in full at www.beehive.govt.nz/feature/wellbeing-budget-2019 and had three major parts:
- fees will no longer be charged for participating in NCEA and New Zealand Scholarship, with funding instead to be provided directly to NZQA by Government
- the Government will fund the continued roll out of NCEA Online
- the Minister released the Government’s high-level intentions following the NCEA Review.
What this means for families
- St Bernard’s College has stopped collecting NCEA fees.
- St Bernard’s College will refund any fees already collected on behalf of students paid for 2019.
- St Bernard’s College can apply NCEA fees received against school charges if this is preferred
If you have any questions please contact Nicola Graham at the college office.