On 13 May 2019, the Minister of Education made a significant pre-budget announcement around NCEA. The Minister’s pre-budget announcement can be found in full at www.beehive.govt.nz/feature/wellbeing-budget-2019 and had three major parts:
- fees will no longer be charged for participating in NCEA and New Zealand Scholarship, with funding instead to be provided directly to NZQA by Government
- the Government will fund the continued roll out of NCEA Online
- the Minister released the Government’s high-level intentions following the NCEA Review.
What this means for families
- St Bernard’s College has stopped collecting NCEA fees.
- St Bernard’s College will refund any fees already collected on behalf of students paid for 2019.
- St Bernard’s College can apply NCEA fees received against school charges if this is preferred
If you have any questions please contact Nicola Graham at the college office.
To keep up to date with all that is going on at St Bernard’s College download the school app from the App Store or Google Play.
1. Open App Store or Google Play
2. Search for SchoolAppsN
3. Download the app